Sunday, July 18, 2010

Clark Mathieu Ekins


Clark Mathieu Ekins has landed! He gave everyone a scare when he tried to come out 'Clark Kent' style with both fists first but, with a little encouragement, he didn't. He touched down at 5:12 pm on Friday, July 16th, 2010 weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and marking out 20 inches. So far, he has been on the far side of mild and very sweet. Jayne is recovering well and both we're discharged Sunday morning. Ellen and James have been delighted with their first encounters. Parents Anderson have been essential in our transition to being out numbered for the 1st time (2 parents v. 3 kids). For those interested, Clark is Jayne's mother's great family name and Mathieu (pronounced 'match' with emphasis on the 'ch') is for a French Huguenot emigrant on my side. We'll give Clark his baby blessing at Church on the 1st Sunday in September; you're all welcome to attend!

19 comments:

Matt and Jessica said...

Thanks for inviting us to the blessing, we'll definitely try to make it!

Peregos said...

Congratulations!! We miss you guys sooooooo much. Thank you for sharing. -Jenna and co

Dana said...

He is a handsome guy and you are looking radiant, Jayne. Congratulations to both of you. Love the name. Will see you in September for the big day.

Britt said...

Woohoo. Can't wait to meet Clark! Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm feeling like a fantastic friend, I didn't even know you were expecting! Congrats you guys- Clark looks perfect, and cute name!

Kirsten said...

congrats!!! he is so cute! can't wait to meet him!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! We didn't keep the trend going, Jayne. I should have had a baby 3 mos. ago, instead I'm due the beginning of August, ha ha. This ones a boy so if we ever live close again they can be buddies. Abby sure misses Ellen... I have pictures I've been meaning to send you for over a year, oops.

EP said...

Congrats to all! Happy, speedy recovery and adaptation for all as well!

Sassy said...

What great news! Congratulations - i look forward to meeting him... someday :) Love you guys!

Becky said...

Congrats! Thanks for the email update. We miss you guys! Hope all is well...

Becky said...

He is so so so lovely! Congrats!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Ohhhh fun! He's so adorable. Another July Birthday for the Ekins family. Congrats guys, he's a lucky boy to be able to join your family.

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You all look great! Clark is very handsome! What a great name. We're so happy for your family.

Liz Brough said...

yay and congrats. he is beautiful!

Joy said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog. Your little guy is sooo cute! I told Jen that I can't stop staring at him, his is an adorable baby. I can't wait to hold him!! Ellen was a perfect guest overnight, you should be proud of her. Tell James happy birthday. He was great too. I admire the way he handles Mady and tells me about it! I'm sure I'll see you at Walmart again, you just haven't skipped a beat! Congrats!!!

Katie Ritchie said...

He is adorable! and you look great Jayne! I hope you are all adjusting well. Wish you were here so I could meet him and help out. You'll just have to move back soon.

Unknown said...

Thumbs up!!!

Shelly Crowley said...

Congrats you guys!I'm glad everyone's doing well-I know I'm late in seeing this post, but I'm still just as excited:) I'm sure you're doing great at managing 3 kids! Love you guys!